Mark the Shark pt2
Artist: 탑독 (ToppDogg)
Album: AmadeuS (Deluxe Edition)
Played: 776 times
Marcio Takara (via Awesome Art Picks: Psylocke, Wolverine, Doctor Strange, and More - Comic Vine)
동생이 보내준 김바보 사진
A Kim Babo (fool) picture that my dongsaeng sent me
Trans cr; Hyejin @ bts-trans
© TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS
the biggest unanswered question in comics: what in the fuck is the black part of crystal amaquelins hair
Jimin, keep dreaming.
This is a quick info-post to remind people that the first issue of Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier comes out on Wednesday, 1 October, and you should buy it. Here’s why:
- Bucky Barnes
- + Daisy Johnson, aka Quake, as female protagonist
- the author, Ales Kot, is a young progressive
ducklingdude who reads fanfiction unironically, is interested in exploring issues of queerness, gender, and trauma, and is conscious of his privilege
- the artist, Marco Rudy, is Mozambican, and his art is legit bonkers, like really unusual and psychedelic and strange; he’s also said that he’s “been asking to draw female-focused stories for a while now,” which is a +
- so basically what I’m saying is that this is a Big Risk Book where two super-innovative young creators have the chance to run wild and do something that’s actually exciting and challenging and beautiful, instead of the comics industry’s preferred standard of offensive and exhausting.
- There’s also going to be a Skottie Young (A-Babies) variant cover if you’re into that kind of thing.
In sum: despite being a dude-titled comic created by two dudes, this has the potential to be both really good and at least a little bit horizon-expanding in terms of what Marvel puts out. Something worth checking out, at least, for sure.
(And according to the list I’m looking at, that’s the same week that you’ll be able to pick up Black Widow #11, the Black Widow & X-23 team-up issue of this totally totally gorgeous series. And if you’re someone who doesn’t usually buy comics, why not also check out some back issues of that amazing Ms. Marvel book you’ve been hearing so much about, or Image Comics’ delightful girl-adventurer-grown-up book Shutter?)
YES. i was going to make a post about this but septembriseur did it so much more coherently and neatly.
PLEASE TRY THIS COMIC. marco rudy is an incredible, INCREDIBLE artist and ales kot is a great storyteller with a knack for characterization and layers of meaning.
plus: my boy bucky barnes, letting his hair grow out and getting into vaguely sexual danger, this time in space.